Next steps for International Students after graduation in Canada | Providence Immigration & Tours Services Ltd.
We are poised to assist you with your immigration to Canada as skilled professionals, foreign workers, businesses, international students, spousal, partners and family members sponsorship worldwide.
Canada, Law, Immigration, Tours, Family, Sponsorship, Parents, Children, Business, Students, Student, International, permit, Express Entry, General
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-15840,single-format-standard,bridge-core-2.3.9,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-22.4,qode-theme-bridge,disabled_footer_top,qode_header_in_grid,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.2.0,vc_responsive,elementor-default

Next steps for International Students after graduation in Canada

Next steps for International Students after graduation in Canada

Getting ahead in Canada after graduation:

The post-study work scheme in Canada allows you to stay in the country for a maximum period of 3 years. Your stay will be of the same duration as your program, but not more than 3 years. International student will be eligible for a one-time Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) if graduated from Designated Learning Institute, to seek employment in Canada.

Later on, the work experience gained through the PGWP program can help graduates to qualify for the permanent residency in Canada through Express Entry (Canadian Experience Class).

PGWWP Eligibility Criteria:

  • Be 18 or older when you apply
  • Have continuously studied full-time in Canada in a study program at least eight months long
  • Have a document from your school (transcript, official letter, certificate, etc.) confirming your success
  • Must have graduated from :
  • Public post-secondary school, such as a college, trade/technical school or university
  • Private post-secondary school that operates under the same rules as public schools
  • Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law (for example, Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree
  • Apply for a work permit within 90 days of when it was confirmed that you completed your program and
  • Have a valid study permit when you apply for the work permit

Information on how to walk you through the entire cycle is available at To see if you qualify for a work visa in Canada, complete an assessment here. 

No Comments

Post A Comment